Please note, your browser is out of date.
For a good browsing experience we recommend using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.

Corporate Milestones

The Amorim Group is one of the largest, most entrepreneurial and dynamic multinationals of Portuguese origin. Its origins were in the cork business, back in 1870 and today it is the world leader in the sector.

Below are some of the most relevant time frames in our history.


Amorim Florestal, S.A., the sub-holding company of the Group’s Raw Materials Business Unit, has entered into an agreement to acquire 100% of Cosabe - Companhia Silvo-Agrícola da Beira, SA, headquartered in Lisbon, whose main asset is a forest property named Herdade da Baliza, located in the Castelo Branco/International Tagus area (Portugal), having a total area of 2,866 hectares.

António Amorim wins the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2018. Originally created by Ernst & Young in the United States in 1986, and now holding its 7th edition in Portugal, the award distinguishes outstanding figures from the business sector, on the basis of criteria such as creativity, business vision and career achievements.

Corticeira Amorim celebrates 30 years on the Portuguese Stock Exchange. Corticeira Amorim was listed on the Portuguese Stock Exchange in April 1988, followed by Ipocork and Amorim & Irmãos in June, and Champcork in July of that year. In 1989, a public exchange offer was launched - offering Corticeira Amorim shares in exchange for the shares of Ipocork, Amorim & Irmãos and Champcork.

Amorim Bartop - Investimentos e Participações, SA, has entered into an agreement to acquire the company Elfverson & Co AB, which has its headquarters in Påryd, Sweden. Under the terms of the agreement, 70% of the capital of Elfverson & Co AB is acquired. The agreement includes a put option on the remaining 30% of the capital, on the part of the seller and a purchase option on the same remaining capital on the part of amorim Bartop - Investimentos e Participações, SA, exercisable from 2020.


Amorim Bartop – Investimentos e Participações, S.A., has entered into an agreement for the acquisition of the company S.A.S. Sodiliège, located in Merpins, Cognac (França). Sodiliége produces and distributes bartop closures for alcoholic and spirit drinks such as cognac and armagnac.

Death of Américo Amorim, the charismatic leader of the third generation of the Amorim family, Chairman of Corticeira Amorim between 1953 and 2001.

Amorim & Irmãos, SGPS, S.A., has entered into an agreement with a view to the acquisition of the share capital of Etablissements Christian Bourrassé, a company with its headquarters in Tosse (France). Etablissements Christian Bourrassé fully owns the capital of Socori – Sociedade de Cortiças de Rio Meão, S.A. (Rio Meão, Portugal) and of Corpack Bourrassé S.A. (Santiago, Chile) – the three jointly designated as Bourrassé.


Increase of the free float of Corticeira Amorim to 25.136% through an Accelerated Bookbuilding process ("Private Offer”).


Launching of Amorim Cork Ventures, a business incubator set up by Corticeira Amorim, with the purpose of promoting the design of new cork products and cork-related businesses mainly targeted to foreign markets, providing entrepreneurs access not only to funding, but also to management skills, know-how and an extensive network of contacts in different industries and countries.